Home again, home again

I always thought this might be true, but it's a tough statement to back up.


(The Sisters, as seen from Mt. Bachelor)

And yet, having had the good fortune of being able to travel a bit in my young life, I'm starting to get more and more confident in my suspicions.


(The Woods, outside my Parents' Front Door)

So I'm just gonna go right out there and say it.


(Some certain Lake, in some certain Crater)

If you wanted to make a list of the best places in the world, Oregon has to be near the top. Call me a homer if you want to, but it's true.


(The Coast, south of Lincoln City)

Luke, I'm not telling you to hurry back. Stay as long as you can, I'll take good care of your car while you're gone. But when you do decide it's time to come back, and you're sitting in the airport reminiscing about all the great times you had in Africa, barGAINing, handling human waste and eating any little creature that crawls within your grasp, just remember this:


(20% chance of rain)

There are worse places you could be coming back to.

Comments

  1. i wish i had come through when you were there! seems like we missed some pretty great spots. hope the migration to san francisco is going / went well.. talk to you soon. -stuckinmahwah

    ReplyDelete
  2. another member of rained-out attemptDecember 12, 2009 at 8:55 AM

    Is that drenched photo of you and Luke from the aborted South Sister attempt?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Sometimes the bar, well ... he eats you"

Greatest Hitz

The End of Africa