It Begins...
So to get things started out, here is what we're going to be doing. I'll go into some amount of detail about background stuff, because I have only really told the whole story to those who press me for details or ply me with drinks. I write long, and may or may not ramble, so probably you'll just have to get used to that. This is the broccoli post; it should get more fun once this is out of the way. We are going to Lira, Uganda to do ground-work setting up a microfinance organization. The organization is called MAPLE, which together with some friends, I started at the UO in like 2006. Our website is on the right; it has more info about what we're doing and about microfinance. Shouts to Peter Dixon, Morgan Williamson, Rachel Breaux , and Ron Severson . without you all I'd be back in a cubicle or something right now. View Larger Map We got a grant from the Meyer Fund last year to set up the infrastructure of the program, but we can't use the grant money to do an...

Oh, I forgot! The DA. She had a lot to talk about back in the States. Can you see me from here?
ReplyDeletePill, you bulking up down there? Looks like some protein powder in the background. If you want some tips on shoulder workouts let me know.
ReplyDeleteJambo, Pat and Little Pat! Roos just sent me the link to your blog. I am WAY impressed and rooting for you guys! I just got back from a week working in the slums in Nairobi and trust me, I can relate. Sounds very, very similar to Uganda. Keep writing and making me feel like a complete lame ass for working in an office building.
ReplyDelete